Monday, October 27, 2008

Career in finance

Finance is a very big topic and the source of employment is also very high. Either it is financial management at any level; you will really find it great. There are number of job vacancy in Finance. You must have heard about finance minister and financial budget. You can really understand how important the financial budget is. Either its business management or house management every one is worried about his finance. Either its insurance or marketing all needs a financial adviser. Budgeting or sales report finance is every where.

As far as financial management is concerned it can be divided into two subheadings: cash management, credit management. I once got a chance to work as an associate sales and finance office in one of the leading bank. I was relatively new in this field and hence I didn't know anything in this field. However during training I was taught many things about finances. One thing which I realized was that those who are new comers are responsible for interacting with the client. This level in termed as operational level. There are other two levels as well. They where middle management and top managements. The people like financial advisor fall in operational level. I was a part of middle management. My job was to supervise all the agents and advisors who used to contact with the clients. They used to gather all the information about the client and my job was to check whether all the documents were correct. After checking the entire document, I used to inform the agents and advisors about which client has passed my test. I then informed them to provide financial facilities to those clients.

I too was governed by the top management who used to give me a target and my job was to achieve the target with the help of agents and advisors. This is about my experience. I must tell you that I was not from this field but I was able to perform the job after training. I also never found difficulty in achieving the target. My payment was also very good.

I hope you can also get a good position. The only criteria which can book your place in finance are that you should be a graduate in any field. I assure you that you will really able to compete with this job after you have finished the training.

If you will join any good finance company you are due for training. Training period is very crucial. You have to pay extra attention during training because you will have to learn lots of new things. However if you have done post graduation or even graduation with specialization in finance, it will be a great help for you.

No comments: